Being on the Monday through Friday grind can really start to take a toll on your health. The clock turns into a decoration since working late in (or out) of the office is now a natural occurrence. Not only are you being overloaded with tasks, but with stress as well.
But rest assured that Direct Capital is here to help. Here are some points to take back your time and rejuvenate your mental health.
- Don’t overload. When you overload, you don’t have enough time to finish your tasks. This causes those late nights you’ve grown to known so well.
- Always save the best for last. Get the difficult tasks out of the way early and make everything less stressful later. Plus, by doing that you can look forward to the more exciting duties at the end of your day.
- Always clear your head, whether it’s listing to music that calms you or going on a quick walk. Not only will that give you a fresh perspective but you will also release endorphins which helps create a stress-free environment.
- If you have a scheduled task later in the day that is going to be a handful, give yourself freedom and control by doing something you like in the morning.
- Nutrition is half the battle when it comes to combating stress. Eat foods such as pure granola and whole wheat. These food groups promote clear thoughts which minimize stress and promote work.
- Have way too many meetings? Get them done in batches instead of having them scattered. A stress mode will be activated when handling the discussions and any conflicts.
- Reduce your stress load by solving time management issues. Try to do things in one sitting and not by doing it in spurts. This allows you to clear up your day and be ready if anything else pops up.
- Get a quick workout in during lunch. Performing physical activity gets the juices flowing and promotes a focus on the tasks at hand.
- Always take time to focus on your breathing for a couple of minutes multiple times a day. It’s a great way to enhance blood flow to the brain and focus on other things.
- Keep distractions to a minimum. Various events can cause stress, more so than the 2:00 deadline you have. Put on some headphones, or create a wall around your cubicle if needed.
Feel like you’re drowning in projects and it’s only the first hour of the work day? Go out for a walk or pump some iron. Stop sighing from the events you have on your calendar and instead turn them into controlled breaths.