Becoming a technology leader is easy. At Direct Capital, we’ve adopted the mindset that to truly be a technology leader we have to invent that technology; our company thrives on it. One of our core values is invent solutions after all.
Even though that may not work for every business, it doesn’t mean you cannot become a technology leader. Smallbizdaily.com considers a technology leader to be: “Those who use a variety of technologies and are willing to explore what the latest technology can do.”
Are you ready to learn the 5 easiest ways to become a technology leader? Let’s dive on in.
- Embrace the flexibility of cloud technology: Cloud computing, as you probably know, means being able to access and store data over the internet instead of through your computer’s hard drive. These days, cloud technology is becoming bigger and better and to become a leader, you have to embrace it. Here’s an example: If you give your customers the option to buy products right from your website, you want to ensure your site runs smooth and fast. Utilizing pay as you go cloud services enables you to pay for internet data based on usage so you never have to worry about your site slowing down or worse – crashing.
- Use cost-effective technology: Technology leaders, as SmallBizDaily puts it, search for solutions that are not only cost-effective but flexible as well. They want technology they can use for many purposes so they can get the most for their money. Another way to use technology cost-effectively is by financing it. There are always going to be newer, better things that you’ll want to get your hands on, but constantly throwing money away to do so is not the answer. By financing your technology, you are able to upgrade easily when more advanced solutions come along.
- Use technology to paves your way to innovation and experimentation: SmallBizDaily writes, “Five times as many leaders as followers say they are usually the first in their markets to use new technologies.” In today’s world, it’s hard to grow, expand, innovate, and produce without actually using the technology that’s out there. Find solutions that solve your specific business challenges and implement the technology to help crush obstacles.
- Build relationships through technology: With cloud-based communication systems like VoiP and other online networking capabilities, you have the chance to build relationships with customers like never before. Use technology to secure customer satisfaction and build relationships with other industry leaders like yourself.
- Streamlining operations through technology: You have so much to worry about as a business owner already, things like accounting, payroll, and inventory should be easy to manage. With streamlined solutions (find some here for accounting apps and here for payroll technology!), you can worry about the important stuff – like taking care of your customers – while the software does the rest.
At Direct Capital, we consider ourselves technology leaders because we’ve built an online lending platform that provides our customers with one of the fastest business finance transactions in the world. And that platform was built for you – our customer. In the end, that’s our goal: to improve the customer experience through our technology.
You can do the same. Whether or not you have the resources to build technology, the five tips in this article can help guide you on a path to technological success. Pretty soon you will be the small business technology leader others look up to.
For more information on Direct Capital and how we can help your business, visit our website or give our client relations team a call at 866-777-0117.