When you are building a successful business there are two things you need to look for in your potential employees.
Skill and Vision!
You want to make sure you are hiring someone who has the proper skills. A functional business consists of employees who each bring a certain set of skills to the table. With that skill you need your employees to bring your vision to life.
As a small business owner you should have a vision for your company. This vision is the core to your brand. In order to make sure your vision comes to light your employees need to understand it and share it with you.
To be an effective group there needs to be a common vision which is backed by the ability to constantly deliver results.
Here are some questions to help you stay on track:
– What is the original vision you had for your small business?
– Why did you start this company?
– Who are your target audience/customers? Why?
– Does your team know the story behind your business?
– Do they care? Do they share that passion?
– Does that vision drive the work in your company?
– Do you share the vision of your business with others?
In order for your employees to share your vision, they need to know it and truly understand it. It is your job to make sure they are on the same page as you from day one.
When the skills help promote the vision you will see success in your in business. Create a business you AND your employees can be proud of. With that pride you can easily market your company as the great business you have built it to be.
Tell us, how well do you feel your employees understand and care about your vision?