Discover Your Inner SEO with These Helpful Blogs
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is an integral part of internet marketing. Unfortunately for SEOs everywhere (whether you’re an expert or just starting out), Search Engine Optimization changes every day.
What you need to succeed on the internet today may not be what you need tomorrow. The factors that Google, Bing and other search engines tell you will help your website or blog rise to the top of the page never stay the same for long.
It’s important for business owners like you who likely manage your own marketing efforts constantly stay on top of these changes. But how?
First, you need to understand that Search Engine Optimization isn’t as technical as it sounds. Doing SEO right simply comes with knowing where to get the best information. Direct Capital wants to help steer you in the right direction.
SEO Blogs for Small Business Owners
Frequently visiting the following blogs will help you not only stay up to date on all the happenings of SEO and internet marketing, but also teach you new ways to stay relevant in this vast online world.
- HubSpot: Hands up if you’ve ever heard of HubSpot. We bet almost all of you reading this are nodding your heads, thinking that you have, indeed, heard of them. But have you ever seen the content they put out? Their Marketing blog will give you the information you need to know in terms you will understand. They bring a conversational tone to every piece, and talk to everyone the same whether you are an intermediate SEO-goer or a pro.
- Google’s Blog: If you’re looking for the latest Google search trends, this is where you’ll find it. It’s Google so the nature of their blogs may come across more technical, but you won’t find a more up-to-date SEO changes blog than this one. And trust us, knowing about those changes is key to an efficient SEO strategy.
- Moz: Moz offers a lot more than blog content (they have a tool you can use to actually track your SEO efforts), but they’re information is often well-detailed and extremely useful. They’ve been in the SEO business since 2004 and are a great resource for beginners. They also do a fun weekly SEO check-in called Whiteboard Friday that’s worth checking out.
- KISSmetrics: Not everyone learns the same way, which is why KISSmetrics is an excellent resource. They offer blogs, yes, but also visuals to aid in your internet marketing efforts. From information on social media to owning the digital age, KISSmetrics’ infographics and blog will get you what you need.
- Search Engine Land: Enjoy breaking news? SEO news may not be what you were thinking when we asked, but nonetheless Search Engine Land is the hub for up-to-date SEO information. Not only will Search Engine Land help you become a better SEO, but it also provides news about the industry (both, we might add, are important!).
- SEMRush: As we were perusing the SEMRush blog to prepare for writing this one, we found an interesting article – “What SMBs Need to Know About Optimizing Content for SEO.” Does any more need to be said about why you should read this blog? We don’t think so.
- Search Engine Journal: As a blog that thrives on guest contributors, you will enjoy SEO tips from a number of different voices. This is helpful because you’ll get a good glimpse at what works for companies and marketers across a wide range of industries.
- Content Marketing Institute: Surely you’ve heard the phrase, “Content is king.” Content is king because it’s a huge driver of SEO. If you know how to write good content, and then follow the SEO advice you received in each of these other blogs, you’ll have an SEO strategy that can’t be beat.
- Search Engine Watch: Pair this with the other two “Search Engine” blogs we mentioned and you’ll be golden. This is another site that takes a fresh look at SEO and puts articles out there for every scenario.
- HigherVisibility: What makes this blog great and different from the rest is that it doesn’t just give you updates. It explains what the SEO changes mean to you and what steps you can take to start implementing them. If you are serious about improving your SEO and dedicating time to do so, this blog is a must read.
As a business owner, you’re busy. You may not have time to do all these necessary SEO updates. Adding a new member to your team – someone who knows SEO– gives you the freedom you need to be a good business owner and gives your website a much needed update. And Direct Capital can provide you with a small business loan to bring that person on board.
Staying relevant on the internet is important in business, as it allows you to stay ahead of the competition and continue bringing in new customers. SEO can make or break you, so read these blogs, stay on top of the trends, and enjoy becoming a pro internet marketer!
For more information on Direct Capital, or to get started with our financing programs, give us a call at 866-777-0117!