Have you ever been to a trade show when you were the only business offering your type of products and services? Of course not – because that wouldn’t make for a very good trade show.
When you are at a show, you are one of many businesses competing for attention and a shot in the spotlight. How do you stand out?
Easy: Put in the effort to have a remarkable booth. And if you aren’t sure what qualifies as remarkable, or memorable, we’ll give you some tips.
- Budget early: Before thinking about booth design or anything else that comes with creating a great trade show experience, you need to set a budget. How much do you want to spend on one show or on all trade shows for the year? Like everything else you set a budget for, this will help you stay on track with your spend. And, as you’re budgeting, keep in mind that Direct Capital can help you get all your trade show materials with a working capital loan. Know exactly what you owe each month with a set plan that works for your business. Just give us a call (866-777-0117) to find out more!
- Giveaways: Free stuff. People LOVE free stuff, especially if they are items they can actually use. Our advice is to create a theme for your booth – something that makes sense for your business model – and base everything else around that, including your giveaway. Make the giveaways branded and highly sought after. You want attendees who haven’t yet come by your booth to see an item on the show floor and ask, “Where did you get that?”
- Have a quality booth: Do some research and discover what types of materials work best at trade shows. Then hire a design company (if you don’t have one in-house) to create a beautifully made, well-branded design that no one at the trade show has ever seen before. Make sure you are aware of how much space you will have on the floor before choosing a style, though, so you can properly set up.
- Utilize customer testimonials: This comes in handy when having a design team put together a booth. It’s not a bad idea to take some recent customer testimonials and have them be part of your design strategy. This way, potential customers will walk by and instantly feel a sense of trust and comfort before even talking with you and your team.
- Be engaged: Trade shows and conferences are even more fun when the attendees can be directly involved in the action. Think of a fun hash tag or social media contest (in line with your theme) that your booth guests can be a part of. For example, once they take a picture with you & your booth and tweet it with your dedicated hash tag, a randomly selected winner will receive a prize of your choosing. Or the first 10 people to post to twitter will win a smaller prize. Be creative and have fun – and remember to invite the show attendees to join in, too.
- And stay engaged: The trade show doesn’t end when the booth is packed up and the attendees go home. It’s important to stay engaged with the people you met and others who went to the show. This helps not only build relationships, but keeps you top of mind for potential customers. Send a post-show email or get connected on social media – just make sure you continue the conversation.
Whether you attend one trade show a year or fifty, it’s important to make your presence memorable. And with these six tips, you’ll be sure to stand out.