Build Your Circles to Increase Organic Ranks
A recent article by Search Engine Watch states, “Google+ is not a joke. It’s not going away. If you are not active in Google+; start now.” And according to HospitalityNet, Google+ is expected to surpass Facebook as the Number 1 social media outlet by 2016.
While Google+ is similar to other social sites, there is one key difference: Your feeds, or lists, are made up of topics you are interested in – such as sports, cooking, or nature – rather than more personal information. As a business, you can add customers, employees, other users you think may be interested in what your content, or even similar businesses in your circle. Building ‘circles’ to connect you to users who are interested in your passions is one of the top ways that Google+ is used.
Because Google+ seems to be growing faster than most other social platforms, now’s the time for your business to get active. Here’s how to make the most of it for your small business:
- Use hashtags and links: Google+ will not only utilize your hashtags, but also create ones that are similar. Stay on top of what’s trending and use them in your posts. Then, click on your hashtag and find users who are interested in similar topics.
- Post often and with relevant content: Since Google controls where you rank on the search engine, it’s important to consistently post on a Google outlet. If they see relevant content that’s engaging, they will view it as a higher authority.
- Include images in your posts: Users are more likely to engage with your content if there is an image.
- Ask for reviews: Reviews help build credibility for your business. Not to mention, Google ranks reviews highly and allows you to be seen when people search your business.
- Build your circles: If someone follows your business’s Google+ page then you are more likely to appear in organic search results for any topics that relate.