In the business world, it’s easy to get lost in your work spending hours each day making plans and discovering new ways to grow. Often, work and home lives become blended, where you might find yourself unable to shut off. But have you ever gotten so lost – so disconnected to your personal life – that you’ve forgotten to take “me” time and unwind?
Everyone deserves down time to relax and catch their breath and business owners are no exception. While you may lead busy everyday lives, don’t forget to have a hobby outside of your business.
Inc. writes, “Hobbies are important to our mental and emotional wellbeing as well as our productivity, focus, and general interesting-ness as a person.”
Direct Capital wants the best for you and your business, but it’s hard to operate at 100% if you are feeling extraordinarily overwhelmed. We’re here today to help you take up a hobby; one that will get you out of the office and free your mind of work for at least a little while.
- Your favorite activity: We can’t tell you what this is so you have to think long and hard about you used to love doing before you got too busy to stop. Maybe it was skiing in the winter or parasailing in the summer. Hiking, kayaking, painting, singing, exercising – whatever it may be, do it. And do it often.
- Go for a walk: Doesn’t sound much like a hobby does it? But it can be. If you make it a point every day to take at least one 10, 20, or even 60 minute walk it will turn into something you won’t want to stop doing. When the weather is warm, enjoy it as much as you can.
- Volunteer: Giving back comes in many forms and volunteering is just one of those ways. When you are supporting a cause or organization that is important to you, your mind will be focused on what you can do next to help them. This is one of the best hobbies to have because not only are you aiding in your own wellbeing but you are making your community better as a whole.
- Get creative: And, no, we aren’t talking about creating a new business plan. Jump outside the box. Ever want to write a book? Start it. Want to finish that painting you started last year? Grab the paint brushes. Love music? Pick up your old guitar. Whatever creative activity really gets you going, focus your energies on that for a while.
- Learn something new: Then become an expert at it. We know we’re speaking your language now. Find a topic you’ve always wanted to learn more about and then read as much as you can on it. Teach yourself something new and you never know where it could take you.
There – feel better? Getting your mind off of your day-to-day business needs and challenges can really reenergize you and put you on an even better path to success.
And, when you are back on that path, let us know. We’re here to help provide financing for any of those business needs and will do it quickly – so you can get back to your hobby.
For more information on what we can do to help your business, give us a call at 866-777-0117 or click on the banner below!