It’s Okay to Take a Break
Hard work pays off. But living an ‘All work and No Play’ lifestyle can actually impact your productivity in a negative way.
Having a good work-life balance is important and highly beneficial.
Here are 6 signs that you are working too much:
- Your boss tells you to take a vacation
- You spend your weekends worrying about what you have to do on Monday
- Your friends know you are not available weekdays to do anything
- You have dreams about your job, if you even get a chance to sleep
- Your inbox/voice mail is constantly full.
- You forgot what your best friend looks like
While your dedication to being the best employee you can be and produce the best work possible is appreciated by your company you can actually do better.
Going on vacation or taking a mental health day allows your brain to unwind and refocus. When you are so driven to be the best you forget that you need to work hard AND play hard. By giving your mind the opportunity to take a break you are also giving it the chance to be stronger and better.
You might feel focused, but in reality you’re not. You are so mentally drained and you probably don’t even know it because you forgot what it’s like to have a vacation.
As a small business owner, you are probably stretching yourself thin in order to make your dreams come true, and sometimes this can be passed on to your employees. Take a breather, relax and rejoice. You have done such great work already and you deserve a break and a chance to celebrate that. This can help you achieve small business success.